At present, message-make-in-reply-to does generate not very nice In-Reply-To headers sometimes. E.g. if the name is quoted (the quotes remain in this case -- I don't like it) or is specified in the parens after the address (as in this message; in this case the address is written instead of the name). Why re-inventing the wheel, I thought. So I rewrote m-m-i-r-t to use mail-extract-address-components. It's already used in Gnus, so no new dependecies with it. The only thing I can say for now: this seems to work here. 2003-03-28 Vasily Korytov * message.el (message-make-in-reply-to): Use mail-extract-address-components to dentermine sender's name/address.