Hi, I have two variants of a function. It's suited for signing only the mail messages (as opposed to the news postings). (defun mml-vk-maybe-sign () (unless (message-news-p) (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime))) (defun mml-vk-maybe-sign () (if (message-mail-p) (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime))) They both work for new and replied messages in message-setup-hook. But not in gnus-message-setup-hook. Well, they both work OK when composing replies and followups, when called from that hook too. But not when composing new messages. The if/unless condition is always false then. Actually, it's not surprising, because when I evaluate (message-mail-p) or (message-news-p) in a new message buffer, they're both nil. But I didn't get, why do they work in message-setup-hook. Can anyone help me? -- I accept RFC3156 and RFC1991-compatible encrypted mail. PGP key fingerprint: 123A 7CCE 6E26 6233 0D87 E01A A0F8 3524 FCD8 1841