* Peculiar treatment of edited messages
@ 1999-10-19 18:16 Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 1999-10-19 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

In Pgnus 0.96, Emacs 20.3, I sometimes lose my email after editing my
messages.  That is, my cursor sits on a message description in the *Summary*
buffer, I hit 'e', and do some changes to the article.  When finished, I hit
'C-c C-c'.  But then Gnus puts a 'G' on the message summary, indicating that
it is about to be purged from the group.  When I exit the group and re-enter
it using 'C-u SPC', the edited message has disappeared, although other
messages are unaffected.

If I use 'more' or some other editor to actually look through the nnfolder
corresponding to the nnfolder group, the message is still there.  But Gnus no
longer acknowledges this -- how can I get Gnus to re-read all headers in the
nnfolder file?

Oddly enough, there was a message that disappeared this way 2 months ago in my
mail.misc folder, but it recently reappeared.  I have no idea what I did to
bring it back, although 2 months ago I was using pgnus 0.95 vs. 0.96.

Restarting Gnus doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?  One thing I am thinking is that the email could be getting screwed
up because my write-file-hooks contains functions to remove trailing blanks
and trailing empty newlines.

Ted
--
 Tera Computer Company                                   http://www.tera.com
 411 First Avenue South, Suite 600        Direct 206/701-2182, Main 701-2000