* Re: A (very short) independent opinion of Gnus MIME
@ 1999-07-05 18:15 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-07-05 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

François Pinard <pinard@iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> The nice thing is the reply from the list maintainer:
>
> > The problem is that my current software isn't smart enough to tell
> > modestly messy MIME like yours from really awful mime like HTML and base64.
>
> I much like this "modestly messy" to quality Gnus MIME works.  Maybe
> Lars could start use it as a kind of trademark in Gnus descriptions?
> :-)

Let me guess: the software in use was Listar?  Today I got this mail
from a friend of mine who happens to be a Listar groupie:

    Bok,

    Cuj, ne kuzim se do kraja u MIME and stuff...  Uglavnom, ovo je bilo u
    changelogu od listara.  El to u redu ako je i tako, ili to gnusi krivo
    rade?

      -- Rewrote another portion of the multipart handler to allow for the
         fact that Gnus allows you to have the first MIME attachment have
         no content-type and expects you to assume it's text/plain.  Fooie!

(The Croatian part says: "Hi!  I am not really into MIME and stuff...
Anyway, this was in listar's changelog.  Is that OK, or is Gnus doing
something wrong?")

Someone hasn't read rfc2046!

* A (very short) independent opinion of Gnus MIME
@ 1999-07-05 18:20 François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 1999-07-05 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, people.  This one made me smile, and I decided to share it with you all.

A mailing list recently rejected One of my messages because it was
multipart/mixed.  The list maintainer asked me to use only plain text when
I use the list.  I replied (among other things):

@ 1999-07-05 22:14   ` Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 1999-07-05 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05 Jul 1999 20:15:21 +0200, Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> said:

    > Someone hasn't read rfc2046!

This is news, eh?

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mharnois@willinet.net                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org

* Re: A (very short) independent opinion of Gnus MIME
@ 1999-07-06  4:26     ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-07-06  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Harnois <mharnois@willinet.net> writes:

> On 05 Jul 1999 20:15:21 +0200, Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> said:
>
>     > Someone hasn't read rfc2046!
>
> This is news, eh?

Huh?

* Re: A (very short) independent opinion of Gnus MIME
@ 1999-07-06  4:58       ` Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 1999-07-06  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06 Jul 1999 06:26:37 +0200, Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> said:

    > Michael Harnois <mharnois@willinet.net> writes:
    >> On 05 Jul 1999 20:15:21 +0200, Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr>
    >> said:
    >>
    >> > Someone hasn't read rfc2046!
    >>
    >> This is news, eh?

    > Huh?

I meant, there seem to be lots of software writers out there who
haven't read the standards, so it's not a surprise.

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mharnois@willinet.net                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org
 Hell is full of good meanings and wishings.
     -- George Herbert

* Re: A (very short) independent opinion of Gnus MIME
@ 1999-07-06 15:15         ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-07-06 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Harnois <mharnois@willinet.net> writes:

> I meant, there seem to be lots of software writers out there who
> haven't read the standards, so it's not a surprise.

Oh.  Sorry.  I thought you meant something about MIME not being
applicable to news.  One of those "pun" things, you know.  :-)