* message-beginning-of-line behaves a bit strange
@ 2022-01-26 21:17 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-01-26 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

I want to write a simple function that inserts always a specific word at the beginning of the subject line, either

    1. If I want to compose a message and the subject is empty

    2. Or I reply to message and the subject is not empty.

So if I try

(message-goto-subject) the cursor jumps

    1. either (for an empty subject)
       Subject:
               ^
       so I could insert the word

    2. If the subject is not empty then the cursor jumps to
       Subject: stuff
                     ^
       So I have to call message-beginning-of-line and obtain
               ^

The problem is if in the first case I also run message-beginning-of-line I obtain

      Subject:
      ^

Which is not good. Is there any possibility to have
message-beginning-of-line always to jump to
      Subject:
              ^

Thanks

Uwe Brauer