* How to save inline photos?
@ 2021-12-09 18:30 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2021-12-09 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

* Re: How to save inline photos?
@ 2021-12-09 19:36 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2021-12-09 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sharon writes:

> A relative recently sent me some photos of my grandparents, but they're
> inline. How can I save them to my hard drive please?

If you want to save all photos in one go, perhaps "X m" is what you
want?

What happens if you place point on a photo and press "o"?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "She makes me wanna die                                    Adam Sjøgren
  Change my stride                                     asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: How to save inline photos?
@ 2021-12-10  0:56   ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 2021-12-10  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:
> Sharon writes:

>> A relative recently sent me some photos of my grandparents, but they're
>> inline. How can I save them to my hard drive please?

> If you want to save all photos in one go, perhaps "X m" is what you
> want?

> What happens if you place point on a photo and press "o"?

You can also use K b to show buttons for all the MIME parts and then use
K o to save specific MIME parts.  (K b is helpful first so that you know
what number the MIME part you want to save has.)

--
Russ Allbery (eagle@eyrie.org)             <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

* Re: How to save inline photos?
@ 2021-12-10  4:44     ` Byung-Hee HWANG
From: Byung-Hee HWANG @ 2021-12-10  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Gnus

Russ Allbery <eagle@eyrie.org> writes:

> Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:
>> Sharon writes:
>
>>> A relative recently sent me some photos of my grandparents, but they're
>>> inline. How can I save them to my hard drive please?
>
>> If you want to save all photos in one go, perhaps "X m" is what you
>> want?
>
>> What happens if you place point on a photo and press "o"?
>
> You can also use K b to show buttons for all the MIME parts and then use
> K o to save specific MIME parts.  (K b is helpful first so that you know
> what number the MIME part you want to save has.)

Oh thanks Adam and Russ! That tricks help me very much!

Sincerely, Gnus fan Byung-Hee

* Re: How to save inline photos?
@ 2021-12-10 15:15     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2021-12-10 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Russ writes:

> You can also use K b to show buttons for all the MIME parts and then use
> K o to save specific MIME parts.  (K b is helpful first so that you know
> what number the MIME part you want to save has.)

Nice!

I think I have buttons turned on by default, so I don't have to go "K b".

Ahh, yes, I have this in my ~/.gnus:

    (add-to-list 'gnus-buttonized-mime-types "image/.*")

,----[ C-h v gnus-buttonized-mime-types RET ]
| gnus-buttonized-mime-types is a variable defined in ‘gnus-art.el’.
|
| Its value is
| ("multipart/encrypted" "multipart/signed" "image/.*" "message/feedback-report" "application/gzip" "application/tlsrpt\\+gzip" "application/zip")
| Original value was nil
|
| List of MIME types that should be given buttons when rendered inline.
| If set, this variable overrides ‘gnus-unbuttonized-mime-types’.
| To see e.g. security buttons you could set this to
| ‘("multipart/signed")’.  You could also add "multipart/alternative" to
| this list to display radio buttons that allow you to choose one of two
| media types those mails include.  See also ‘mm-discouraged-alternatives’.
| This variable is only used when ‘gnus-inhibit-mime-unbuttonizing’ is nil.
|
|   This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
|   version 22.1 of Emacs.
|   You can customize this variable.

`----

Sometimes it's a little dangerous with these customizations, you tend to
forget :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "The main focus is to wring every last bit of              Adam Sjøgren
  performance from the iron. This is the attitude      asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: How to save inline photos?
@ 2021-12-12 15:51       ` Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2021-12-12 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:

> Russ writes:
>
>> You can also use K b to show buttons for all the MIME parts and then use
>> K o to save specific MIME parts.  (K b is helpful first so that you know
>> what number the MIME part you want to save has.)
>
> Nice!
>
> I think I have buttons turned on by default, so I don't have to go "K b".
>
> Ahh, yes, I have this in my ~/.gnus:
>
>     (add-to-list 'gnus-buttonized-mime-types "image/.*")
>

> ,----[ C-h v gnus-buttonized-mime-types RET ]
> | gnus-buttonized-mime-types is a variable defined in ‘gnus-art.el’.
> |
> | Its value is
> | ("multipart/encrypted" "multipart/signed" "image/.*" "message/feedback-report" "application/gzip" "application/tlsrpt\\+gzip" "application/zip")
> | Original value was nil
> |
> | List of MIME types that should be given buttons when rendered inline.
> | If set, this variable overrides ‘gnus-unbuttonized-mime-types’.
> | To see e.g. security buttons you could set this to
> | ‘("multipart/signed")’.  You could also add "multipart/alternative" to
> | this list to display radio buttons that allow you to choose one of two
> | media types those mails include.  See also ‘mm-discouraged-alternatives’.
> | This variable is only used when ‘gnus-inhibit-mime-unbuttonizing’ is nil.
> |
> |   This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
> |   version 22.1 of Emacs.
> |   You can customize this variable.
> |
> `----
>
> Sometimes it's a little dangerous with these customizations, you tend to
> forget :-)

Thanks Adam and Russ for your comments and suggestions, but I've not
tried them as my relative sent me the photos as attachments, so I was
able to download them with no problems. I have though Adam included your
code snippet into my config for any future photos.

Thanks
    Sharon.
- --
Debian 11, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 28.0.50, org 9.5.1