From: Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net>
To: ding@gnus.org
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 15:07:06 -1000	[thread overview]

Aloha,

I use aliases and set up gnus-alias-identity-rules to select
certain identities when mailing to or from certain addresses,
and when I do tab completion on an email address, the correct
identity naturally gets chosen as expected.

However, when I have a mailing list, and press space to expand
the mailing list, a different mechanism, namely abbrevs, is
used. So there is no identity selection based on the members
of the mailing list.

I'm trying to make this work to select identity, and have been
trying hacks in mailabbrev.el, where the action seems to take
place in mail-abbrev-expand-wrapper. I think I might be able
to get it to work, but the real question is, should this be
built-in to gnus somehow?

(I realize there is an issue with possible multiple
matches. But that issue already exists when doing a wide
reply, and it seems that the first rule to match wins the
battle.)

Mahalo in advance,

--
Bob Newell