On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 at 18:50, Kalle Olavi Niemitalo wrote: > I had a problem where my email provider's IMAP server closed the > connection while Gnus was splitting received mail to nnml > folders, and Gnus was then unable to expunge those messages from > the server. I worked around it by customizing the mail-sources > variable and adding various date limits to the predicate. > I hope this information will help someone else. Interesting and very helpful! I am forced to use outlook at work and found that splitting often failed due to this same issue. I stopped using splitting for this server. I may have to try again but it definitely would be nice if gnus would cater for servers that time out frequently. -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.1.6 on Debian buster/sid