On 9 Dec 2014, pfd@pfdstudio.com wrote: > For me, Summary only shows the unread messages, and not even the rest > of the threads they belong to (unless I type 'A T'). For me, I have Gnus set to see unread/ticked article and threads that have unread and ticked articles. I have 1. "gnus-fetch-old-headers" set to "some". 2. "gnus-build-sparse-threads" set to "some". It is much cleaner this way, since it is not cluttered with articles of no interest. If I want to see old read one, I just use "/o". >>> but I'd settle for seeing all of the threads containing any unread >>> messages. As I understand it, gnus-fetch-old-headers is supposed to >>> do that, but I haven't found a way to make it work, at least with >>> Fastmail.fm IMAP. I do use imap- a local Dovecot server. > The 'l' command in mutt is not search, it's limit ... it limits the > display to messages matching some criteria. Admittedly I haven't > searched exhaustively for gnus features to mimic this, but I didn't > see any obvious ones. Of course, as I said, since only unread messages > show up in the Summary, this is not very useful in gnus. In Gnus "/" is "limited to". It is very powerful: https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Limiting.html