* Cannot find my own post
@ 2014-08-15 17:19 jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2014-08-15 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello.

When I send a message to a gnus channel like this one, I cannot find my
own message again after that.

I'm posting this message by opening a channel like emacs.gnus.general
and pressing `a` in the summary buffer.

Can someone tell me why I can't find my own posts?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Jenia.

* Re: Cannot find my own post
@ 2014-08-15 17:23 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-08-15 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jenia.ivlev@gmail.com (jenia.ivlev) writes:

> When I send a message to a gnus channel like this one, I cannot find
> my own message again after that.

What do you mean "find"? How are you looking for them?

You enter the group and press / o 200 RET or something like that?

> I'm posting this message by opening a channel like emacs.gnus.general
> and pressing `a` in the summary buffer.

That sounds like the(/a) right way to do it - we usually call them
groups rather than channels, but anyway :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Sadly, these days, if you know the difference               Adam Sjøgren
  between a phillips- and a flat head screwdriver,       asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Cannot find my own post
@ 2014-08-15 23:52   ` jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2014-08-15 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Thanks for your answer Adam.

> What do you mean "find"? How are you looking for them?

Lol. it sound funny reading my post. What I mean is: I can't
find the post - by title usually - until someone answers it. It just
doesnt appear until it receives an answer.

I look in the summary-buffer that displays a list of posts in the
relevant group, in this case emacs.gnus.general.

So to take an exmaple, I couldnt find my original post until
you answered it. Now, that you replied, I can find my post and
your answer displayed as a thread.

> You enter the group and press / o 200 RET or something like that?

Yes, by pressing <enter> and then enter again to pick out
the default option that gnus provides, which is to fetch 200 previous messages.

And I must say that one strang thing that I've noticed, is that when
someone answers my post, my thread is usually the 200th one. Its often
the last thread in the summary buffer for some reason.

jenia.

* Re: Cannot find my own post
@ 2014-08-16  5:31     ` Quanyang Liu
From: Quanyang Liu @ 2014-08-16  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, Aug 16 2014 at 07:52:38 +0800, jenia.ivlev wrote:
> And I must say that one strang thing that I've noticed, is that when
> someone answers my post, my thread is usually the 200th one. Its often
> the last thread in the summary buffer for some reason.

Try to change gnus-thread-sort-functions ?

--
Quanyang Liu (刘全阳)
Undergraduate

* Re: Cannot find my own post
@ 2014-08-16 11:04     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-08-16 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

By default articles you have already read are not shown.

By default the articles are displayed chronologically (newest articles
last).

You can customize this.

Does this help?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "This counter-intuitive observation comes directly           Adam Sjøgren
  from the fact that we simply do not need civil and     asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Cannot find my own post
@ 2014-09-13 18:15       ` jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2014-09-13 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Thanks a lot.

After a little time, my post appears in the channel.

jenia.