On Tue, Jul 02 2013, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote: > David Engster wrote: >> Katsumi Yamaoka writes: >>> Peter Münster wrote: >>>> On Tue, Jun 25 2013, Reiner Steib wrote: >>>>> Please make the old behavior the default again. You can add an option >>>>> to match only addresses or surround addresses with <...> to get the >>>>> new behavior. >>> >>>> +1 >>> >>> ±0 >>> >>> But it might be good to *always* surround a string with \<...\> >>> under the `standard-syntax-table'. I can only imagine that it >>> will help a FB employee whose name is "Mark Zucker", though. >>> OTOH, the current way is absolutely safe since an email address >>> is absolutely unique. Even if it is hard to beginners to design >>> a regexp, it can be a start of learning Emacs. > >> I'd agree if this were a new feature. But this change needlessly breaks >> people's configurations, so I agree with Reiner that it should be >> reverted. That the variable mentions 'addresses' might be unfortunate, >> but it's a quirk we should live with. > > Ah, I agree. Julien? Everything was said, things are better now, but if it breaks people configuration, I guess that should be reverted. So whoever wants to do it go ahead. When I'll get annoyed again I'll add another option to handle this correctly again rather than fixing the existing one. -- Julien Danjou // Free Software hacker / freelance consultant // http://julien.danjou.info