* nnmaildir not updating new mail count
@ 2012-05-04 12:23 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2012-05-04 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello

I'm trying to get gnus setup to read my mail via the nnmaildir backend
(I'm syncing my maildir to my laptop using offlineimap, and want to read
the results of that).

It seems to be working reasonably well, except for one thing: When I hit
'g' in the group buffer, the number of new mails in the various folders
is not updated. When I list all groups, and hit 'M-g' when having
selected (e.g.) the inbox, it *does* update, however. Also, it appears
that something is happening when hitting 'g'; I can see the mails being
moved from the new/ dir to the cur/ dir.

So in short, how do I get the new mail count to update for all folders
upon hitting g?

I'm running gnus from git, with emacs 24.0.96 (i.e. the latest
development snapshot).

Hope someone can help; thanks in advance. :)

Cheers,
-Toke

P.S. I'm not subscribed to the list, so please include my mail address
in replies. Thanks.

* Re: nnmaildir not updating new mail count
@ 2012-06-10 19:59 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-06-10 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen; +Cc: ding

toke@toke.dk (Toke Høiland-Jørgensen) writes:

> It seems to be working reasonably well, except for one thing: When I hit
> 'g' in the group buffer, the number of new mails in the various folders
> is not updated. When I list all groups, and hit 'M-g' when having
> selected (e.g.) the inbox, it *does* update, however. Also, it appears
> that something is happening when hitting 'g'; I can see the mails being
> moved from the new/ dir to the cur/ dir.

It kinda sounds like your nnmaildir groups are on a level that `g'
doesn't update?  Is that possible?

* Re: nnmaildir not updating new mail count
@ 2012-06-11  1:37   ` Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2012-06-11  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: ding

> It kinda sounds like your nnmaildir groups are on a level that `g'
> doesn't update? Is that possible?

That might be. In any case, the error went away, and it is updating fine
now. I'm not sure whether I changed the level, or whether an update to
gnus fixed it. :)

-Toke

--
Toke Høiland-Jørgensen