Manuel Carro writes: >> Then `tick' the articles, as Steinar suggested in his first mail: >> `gnus-summary-tick-article-forward' is bound to `u' in summary and >> article buffer. That'll mark the article with a `!' and it'll show up when >> you enter the group. It's useful to "bookmark" read articles that still >> require some action on your part. > > This I do (manually) for messages that I have read and I know I will > have to work on or refer to later on before sending them to their final > group. Sorry I did not mention this before. In short, I'd be glad if I > could distinguish between the following three categories: > > - Not-yet-read messages. > - Read messages. > - Read messages which I manually tick as a reminder that they are special. > > Cheers, Three ticked, two read, one old and one unread message, easy to distinguish: