From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: attachment options?
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 14:50:02 +0800	[thread overview]

On Sun, Sep 19 2010, Dave Goldberg wrote:

>> So that's a solution found, anyway! Still be nice to know
>> what's really going on, though...
>
> You say it works from gmail?  Perhaps it would help to try sending it
> to another address (perhaps as a CC) from gmail and seeing what the
> structure looks like.

Yeah, I guess I could have done that to begin with, right? So I emailed
myself a document twice, once from gmail's webmail, once from gnus, both
messages received in gnus. Due to my amazingly bad short-term memory I
used different DOC files, but they were both in Chinese, should have
been the same encoding for the file itself. Here are the two raw
messages as received in Gnus (left out some headers, hopefully this is
everything relevant). I just don't know enough about the email format to
see what's going on.

*****
MESSAGE FROM GMAIL WEBMAIL
*****

--001485f1e28ae1aecd049096dfdd

Here's the document from gmail.

--001485f1e28ae1aecd049096dfdd

0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAAAAfQAAAAAAAAAA
******
ELIDED ATTACHMENT
******
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
--001485f1e28ae1aecd049096dfdd--

******
GNUS MESSAGE
******

--=-=-=

This is a doc file sent from Gnus.

--=-=-=

0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAKQAAAAAAAAAA
******
ELIDED ATTACHMENT
******
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=