* emacs-w3m formatting line
@ 2008-11-24 22:09 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2008-11-24 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I more often use gnus from an X terminal but find myself using plain
terminal mode for now.

When reading a gnus group message URL citation from gnus using w3m I'm
finding the webpage text is runs clear across my 17 inch terminal
making uncomfortably long to read.

I wondered if there is some way of formatting those lines.  Maybe some
thing like what `W w (gnus-article-fill-cited-article)' does to
messages with unwrapped lines.

* Re: emacs-w3m formatting line
@ 2008-11-25  7:47 ` Paul R
From: Paul R @ 2008-11-25  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Putnam; +Cc: ding

Hello Harry,

Harry> I wondered if there is some way of formatting those lines. Maybe
Harry> some thing like what `W w (gnus-article-fill-cited-article)' does
Harry> to messages with unwrapped lines.

,----[ C-h v w3m-fill-column RET ]
| w3m-fill-column is a variable defined in `w3m.el'.
| Its value is -1
|
| Documentation:
| *Integer used as the value for `fill-column' in emacs-w3m buffers.
| If it is positive, pages will be displayed within the columns of that
| number.  If it is zero or negative, the number of columns which
| subtracted that number from the window width is applied to the maximum
| width of pages.  Note that XEmacs does not always obey this setting.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

Hope this helps,

--