Hello, I tried to retrieve mails by POP3 Over SSL with openssl, but Gnus stopped working displaing "Retrieving message 1 of 5 from myserver...". Then I found that without -ign_eof and -quiet argument, openssl doesn't send line begins with "R" or "Q" to server but renegotiate or quit its connection. So sending "RETR" command made this problem. I suggest to call openssl commands with "-ign_eof" argument. Please find the patch below. Regards, 2008-03-03 Naohiro Aota * tls.el (tls-program): Add -ign_eof argument to call the openssl commands. (tls-checktrust): Ditto.