From: Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org>
To: Elias Oltmanns <eo@nebensachen.de>
Cc: ding@gnus.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [Patch] Make tls.el support certificate verification
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:47:48 +0100	[thread overview]

>> After all, the mail server needn't have a certificate signed by one
>> of the well known CAs and may still be valid.  Besides, users might
>> want to specify the set of trusted root certificates depending on
>> the server emacs is connecting to.  All this seems to make proper
>> documentation more important than presetting any defaults.  Do you
>> think the provided doc strings can serve this purpose or should I
>> squeeze in a few sentences somewhere else?
>
> As tls.el is not specific to Gnus (it is in lisp/net in Emacs 22), it
> should probably not be documented in gnus.texi, maybe in
> smtpmail.texi, e.g. (info "(smtpmail)Authentication").

Gnus isn't the best place to document it, but I'm not sure smtpmail is
better.  Will it be found by searching through the normal emacs manuals?
Maybe even writing a new tls.texi to discuss all TLS related stuff is
warranted.  I don't know what the policy on new *.texi files is, if we
have too many already or whether having one per elisp package is
actually a good idea.

/Simon