From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
Subject: Re: mozilla
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 13:25:47 +0100	[thread overview]

   Ted> That's part of the IMAP protocol I believe.  It would be nice,
I see

   Ted> however, if nnimap.el could transform those labels into header
   Ted> entries like the ones Reiner showed.  That's the
   Ted> quick-and-dirty solution.

Well I wrote a quick and very dirty solution by adding a label to
nnmail or nnfolder articles, using  gnus-summary-edit-article. This
function even allows to edit imap articles (using the second argument)

*If ARG is 2, edit the raw articles even in read-only groups.*

However the saving is not a real saving so this does not help (whether
it is a clever idea to raw edit mime articles is another question).

Do you think it is easy to implement a solution for the nnimap
backend?

Meanwhile another solution occurred to me, after having read the
discussion in the links Rainer mentioned. I saw that some people have
a solution the other way around.  Instead of putting labels in the
group, they put labels in there corresponding planner entries. I just
remembered I have a similar solution for the todo-mode.el pkg written
by Oliver Seidel. My function adds the subject, message-ID and group
name as an todo entry in the category email. May be I should enhance
that for other categories, like NeedReply, Important etc.

Btw Ted do you recall our discussion about a generalizing
gnus-summary-limit function to include BBDB or NO BBDB entries. Your
solution worked for all net address in a BBDB entry save the first
one, mine vice verse, however you claimed that your function could do
both, but you had to look into it. Did you do that?

Uwe