* mail-followup-to in docs
@ 2003-12-12 22:42 Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 2003-12-12 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

The "Mailing Lists" node of the info docs talks mainly about
mail-followup-to, but the index entry for mail-followup-to doesn't
point to it.

Also, in the description of "to-list" on the "Group Parameters" page,
there are two similar paragraphs:

     If you do an `a' command in a mail group and you have neither a
     `to-list' group parameter nor a `to-address' group parameter, then
     a `to-list' group parameter will be added automatically upon
     sending the message if `gnus-add-to-list' is set to `t'.

     If you do an `a' command in a mail group and you don't have a
     `to-list' group parameter, one will be added automatically upon
     sending the message.

Probably the second one should be deleted.

The "Group Parameters" page also says:

`subscribed'
     If this parameter is set to `t', Gnus will consider the to-address
     and to-list parameters for this group as addresses of mailing
     lists you are subscribed to.  Giving Gnus this information is
     (only) a first step in getting it to generate correct
     Mail-Followup-To headers for your posts to these lists.  *Note
     Mailing Lists: (message)Mailing Lists, for a complete treatment of
     available MFT support.

     See also `gnus-find-subscribed-addresses', the function that
     directly uses this group parameter.

Maybe this could be made more explicit, e.g. insert the following
sentence before the *Note.

     The other step is to put the following in your gnus.el:

               (setq message-subscribed-address-functions
                '(gnus-find-subscribed-addresses))

Is there some reason this isn't the default setting?

Dan

* Re: mail-followup-to in docs
@ 2003-12-14  0:58 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-12-14  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca> disait récemment que :

[...]

> Is there some reason this isn't the default setting?

I agree with your proposition, but you should have posted a patch for
this then ;)

> Dan

zeDek

* Re: mail-followup-to in docs
@ 2003-12-15 11:54 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-12-15 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca> writes:

> The "Mailing Lists" node of the info docs talks mainly about
> mail-followup-to, but the index entry for mail-followup-to doesn't
> point to it.

Sure?  `i Mail-Followup-To' in the Message manual takes me to that
node.

> Also, in the description of "to-list" on the "Group Parameters" page,
> there are two similar paragraphs:
>
> Probably the second one should be deleted.

Yup.

> Maybe this could be made more explicit, e.g. insert the following
> sentence before the *Note.
>
>      The other step is to put the following in your gnus.el:
>
>                (setq message-subscribed-address-functions
>                 '(gnus-find-subscribed-addresses))

Yup.

> Is there some reason this isn't the default setting?

I think because Message is supposed to be independent of Gnus.

* Re: mail-followup-to in docs
@ 2003-12-15 14:04   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-12-15 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 15 2003, Jesper Harder wrote:

> Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca> writes:
>
>> The "Mailing Lists" node of the info docs talks mainly about
>> mail-followup-to, but the index entry for mail-followup-to doesn't
>> point to it.
>
> Sure?  `i Mail-Followup-To' in the Message manual takes me to that
> node.

Maybe Dan's Gnus is older than 2003-10-19, see texi/ChangeLog.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: mail-followup-to in docs
@ 2003-12-15 23:49     ` Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 2003-12-15 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 15 2003, Jesper Harder wrote:
>
>> Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca> writes:
>>
>>> The "Mailing Lists" node of the info docs talks mainly about
>>> mail-followup-to, but the index entry for mail-followup-to doesn't
>>> point to it.
>>
>> Sure?  `i Mail-Followup-To' in the Message manual takes me to that
>> node.
>
> Maybe Dan's Gnus is older than 2003-10-19, see texi/ChangeLog.

No, that's not the problem.  The problem is that I forgot that Gnus
and Message have separate info documentation, and I was searching the
index of the Gnus manual.  Sorry for the confusion.

Dan