* registry questions
@ 2003-11-03 13:57 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-11-03 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been using the gnus-registry and I have a few questions.  Please point
me to any docs that I might have missed.

1) Can/should the registry be purged?  Or is it self-maintaining?

2) I see that some groups can be specified as NOT feeding the registry.
   Under what circumstances would I want to do this and why?

3) Let's say I have a messages that is initially filed (by split-fancy) to
   a generic work folders and I move it to a project-specific folder.  Is the
   registry supposed to ensure that follow-ups to that original message
   automatically get filed to the project-specific folder?  That's my
   understanding yet it does not seem to be doing that.  I'm assuming that it
   is because my registry is not yet "trained".  What will cause it be
   trained?  Simply reading messages over a period of time?

Thanks!

...Jake

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                    Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center                 Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                 www.principiapartners.com