* Daemons never idle
@ 2003-05-16 22:19 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2003-05-16 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Platform: Intel PII, debian testing/unstable (sarge)
	  XEmacs 21.4 (patch 6),
	  Gnus v5.10.2

I have the following in my ~/.gnus.el:

;; Automatically fetch news and mail every 15 minutes when idle
(gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-demon-scan-news 15 t)

The way I read the docs, is that this means that if emacs has been
idle for 15 minutes, the gnus-demon-scan-news function will be called,
and then called every 15 minutes from then on.

The docs doesn't say so, but I've assumed that if I start doing things
in emacs, the demon will stop running.

What I see is that gnus-demon-scan-news is run after I've started
using emacs again.  Is this because gnus-demon-scan-news actually
started running before I touched the keyboard?  Or is this a bug in
the daemon stuff?  Or is it never supposed to stop fetching once it
has started?

Thanx!

- Steinar

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-16 22:19 UTC | newest]