From: Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no>
Subject: Re: Regenerate .agentview files?
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 00:12:27 +0100	[thread overview]

> Danny Siu <dsiu@adobe.com> writes:

>> It is very useful to be able to regenerate .agentview file from
>> existing downloaded articles cuz in my case, I have nearly 400MB
>> emails on my IMAP server and it would be a time saver without
>> having to redownloading all when agent behaviour get changed.

> Yes, the agent should definitely look at the disk from time to time,
> and if there is a file in the directory, it should add corresponding
> entries in .overview and .agentview.

Just making a note that my wish is different: I want the agent
.overview to be regenerated when the NOV on the NNTP server have been
changed.

Changing the NOV does not happen on normal NNTP servers, according to
larsi.  The only one where I know it happens, is news.gmane.org, when
articles mistakenly marked as spam (by a crosspost to a detected spam
group), has been manually unspammed (ie. the crosspost has been
removed), and vice versa, spam missed by SpamAssassin has been
manually crossposted to the detected spam group.