* Message - which charset?
@ 1999-03-14  7:49 Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 1999-03-14  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Could somebody help me please? I want to set up my messages so that:

1) the charset of a message, if it is a reply or a followup, would be
the same as the charset of the original message (somehow I supposed
that this would be the default behavior but I don't think it is on my
system).

2) do something in the message buffer depending on the charset of the
message. I wanted to use the message-setup-hook for this but don't
know how to make sure that I have the charset available in the message
headers when the message setup hook is called. Even if I reply to a
message with a specified charset, I don't see it in the reply's
headers although I have message-generate-headers-first set to t.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

--
Cheers,
-Dima.