* notmuch and HTML
@ 2021-10-12 13:12 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2021-10-12 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

To find some HTML-only messages with "hât" I need to enter the search
term "hât", and that is quite annoying.

How could I do this in a simpler way please?

TIA for any hints,
--
           Peter

* Re: notmuch and HTML
@ 2021-10-12 21:00 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2021-10-12 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Peter Münster <pm@a16n.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> To find some HTML-only messages with "hât" I need to enter the search
> term "h&acirc;t", and that is quite annoying.
>
> How could I do this in a simpler way please?

I can't imagine any solution apart from preprocessing the messages
*before* notmuch indexes them. Maybe notmuch provides for such
preprocessors? How does it approach indexing encrypted messages, for example?

* Re: notmuch and HTML
@ 2021-10-13  5:05   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2021-10-13  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, Oct 12 2021, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> Maybe notmuch provides for such preprocessors?

Perhaps, but I didn't find such preprocessor...

Are there perhaps other search engines, that could handle HTML?

> How does it approach indexing encrypted messages, for example?

It seems, that notmuch can index encrypted messages.

--
           Peter

* Re: notmuch and HTML
@ 2021-10-14 15:57     ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2021-10-14 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Peter Münster <pm@a16n.net> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 12 2021, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
>
>> Maybe notmuch provides for such preprocessors?
>
> Perhaps, but I didn't find such preprocessor...
>
> Are there perhaps other search engines, that could handle HTML?
>

>> How does it approach indexing encrypted messages, for example?
>
> It seems, that notmuch can index encrypted messages.

That would indicate it might have facilities you can plug into, but I
really don't know, sorry!