From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Totally unrelated message shown in thread, sometimes
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 21:54:21 -0800	[thread overview]

Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:

> Eric writes:
>
>> A suggestion: I get strange behaviour whenever I have tried to use any
>> of the daemons.  Usually, hitting M-g on the group before entering it
>> fixes things.  Next time you see a strangely threaded summary buffer,
>> leave with Q (gnus-summary-exit-no-update, not lower case q), hit M-g on
>> the group, and enter it again.  See if you get different threading and
>> report here?
>
> This "two articles get mixed together"-thing just happened to me again.
> It was just after my laptop had a network hiccup (losing connection to
> the access point).
>
> More specifically, an article in a newsgroup,
> nntp+fb:feedbase.blog.risks, showed it's own headers mixed with headers
> from an article in my nndraft:delayed group. It looked spooky:
>
>  · https://koldfront.dk/misc/gnus/mixup.png

Spooky, indeed. Does this only ever happen with delayed articles, or
with other draft articles, too? Was drafting and delaying the outgoing
article the last thing you did before opening this group and seeing the
fubar'ed headers? Or had you delayed it a while ago? And did you see the
doubled headers on only one message in this group, or for every message?