* gnus-search: do not limit search to specific groups?
@ 2020-11-25 10:00 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2020-11-25 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

TL;DR: I just want the results from doing a notmuch search without
specifying groups at all, e.g. what I would get if I simply did

   notmuch search --output=files xxx

on the command line.  Is this possible?

With nnir and notmuch, I could do a search and get the results
regardless of which group they were in.  This functionality is critical
for my use of search but gnus-search (nnselect) does not seem to have an
equivalent capability?

I split emails to a significant number of groups but want all of them
searched usually.  A solution would be to search at the topic level, I
guess.  However, I tried setting gnus-search-engine in the topic but I
get the error: "No search engine defined for nnml:" when I try a search.

Thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4 on Debian bullseye/sid