From: asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren)
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: ignore bcc when followup
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:54:32 +0100	[thread overview]

Uwe writes:

> as longer as I think about it: At least optionally the BCC field should
> be ignored in the reply even when calling followup.

Uhm, do you get a Bcc-header when you follow up to an email with a
Bcc-header in it?

I don't.

(How do you even receive an email with a Bcc header in it? Usually they
aren't sent - what email program sent it?)

I just made an experiment: I sent myself an email, edited it after
receipt, adding a Bcc (and Gcc, just for fun) header, and hit F.

The headers in the follow up that did not include the Bcc (nor the Gcc)
from the email.

Original headers:

  From: Adam Sjøgren <asjoegren@gmail.com>
  Subject: Test
  To: Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk>
  Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:51:10 +0100 (1 minute, 24 seconds ago)
  Bcc: test@koldfront.dk
  Gcc: abba@koldfront.dk

Follow up headers:

  To: Adam Sjøgren <asjoegren@gmail.com>
  Subject: Re: Test
  From: asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren)
  Gcc: nnml+archive:mail-2017
  --text follows this line--

How did you make Gnus include them?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "People who post screen shots of text are jerks."            Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk