* No such function: nnregistry-request-group
@ 2011-09-29  0:25 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-09-29  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No such function: nnregistry-request-group")
  signal(error ("No such function: nnregistry-request-group"))
  error("No such function: %s" nnregistry-request-group)
  gnus-request-group("nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com" t)
  gnus-check-group-server()
  gnus-request-article-this-buffer(-2 "nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com")
  gnus-article-prepare(-2 nil)
  gnus-summary-display-article(-2 nil)
  gnus-summary-select-article(nil nil pseudo)
  gnus-summary-scroll-up(1)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-scroll-up nil nil)

Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com

* Re: No such function: nnregistry-request-group
@ 2011-09-29  8:28 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-09-29  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 20:25:34 -0400 Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> wrote:

DA> Can anyone tell me what this means?
DA> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No such function: nnregistry-request-group")
DA>   signal(error ("No such function: nnregistry-request-group"))
DA>   error("No such function: %s" nnregistry-request-group)
DA>   gnus-request-group("nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com" t)
DA>   gnus-check-group-server()
DA>   gnus-request-article-this-buffer(-2 "nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com")
DA>   gnus-article-prepare(-2 nil)
DA>   gnus-summary-display-article(-2 nil)
DA>   gnus-summary-select-article(nil nil pseudo)
DA>   gnus-summary-scroll-up(1)
DA>   call-interactively(gnus-summary-scroll-up nil nil)

nnregistry.el doesn't define that function.  I'm pretty sure you're not
supposed to ask it for group info.

Ted

* Re: No such function: nnregistry-request-group
@ 2011-09-29 12:34   ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-09-29 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

on Thu Sep 29 2011, Ted Zlatanov <tzz-AT-lifelogs.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 20:25:34 -0400 Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> wrote:
>
> DA> Can anyone tell me what this means?
> DA> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No such function: nnregistry-request-group")
> DA>   signal(error ("No such function: nnregistry-request-group"))
> DA>   error("No such function: %s" nnregistry-request-group)
> DA>   gnus-request-group("nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com" t)
> DA>   gnus-check-group-server()
> DA>   gnus-request-article-this-buffer(-2
> DA> "nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com")
> DA>   gnus-article-prepare(-2 nil)
> DA>   gnus-summary-display-article(-2 nil)
> DA>   gnus-summary-select-article(nil nil pseudo)
> DA>   gnus-summary-scroll-up(1)
> DA>   call-interactively(gnus-summary-scroll-up nil nil)
>
> nnregistry.el doesn't define that function.  I'm pretty sure you're not
> supposed to ask it for group info.

As you can probably see from the backtrace, I'm not the one doing the
asking.

--

@ 2011-09-29 14:04     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-09-29 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:34:33 -0400 Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> wrote:

DA> on Thu Sep 29 2011, Ted Zlatanov <tzz-AT-lifelogs.com> wrote:

>> On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 20:25:34 -0400 Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> wrote:
>>
DA> Can anyone tell me what this means?
DA> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No such function: nnregistry-request-group")
DA> signal(error ("No such function: nnregistry-request-group"))
DA> error("No such function: %s" nnregistry-request-group)
DA> gnus-request-group("nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com" t)
DA> gnus-check-group-server()
DA> gnus-request-article-this-buffer(-2
DA> "nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com")
DA> gnus-article-prepare(-2 nil)
DA> gnus-summary-display-article(-2 nil)
DA> gnus-summary-select-article(nil nil pseudo)
DA> gnus-summary-scroll-up(1)
DA> call-interactively(gnus-summary-scroll-up nil nil)
>>
>> nnregistry.el doesn't define that function.  I'm pretty sure you're not
>> supposed to ask it for group info.

DA> As you can probably see from the backtrace, I'm not the one doing the
DA> asking.

I don't mean you personally :)

You created an ephemeral group
"nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com".

Now you're trying to enter it and nnregistry is somehow supposed to hold
that group.  I'm honestly not sure how to fix this or how it happened.
I really don't know the group and summary structures of Gnus, so I hope
Lars or someone else more knowledgeable can pick this up.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: No such function: nnregistry-request-group
@ 2011-09-29 18:59       ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-09-29 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

on Thu Sep 29 2011, Ted Zlatanov <tzz-AT-lifelogs.com> wrote:

> I don't mean you personally :)
>
> You created an ephemeral group
> "nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com".
>
> Now you're trying to enter it and nnregistry is somehow supposed to hold
> that group.

Hold?  Sorry, I don't understand.

All this code was working until I added the stuff that entered the new
article in the registry (you saw it in my other post).

> I'm honestly not sure how to fix this or how it happened.  I really
> don't know the group and summary structures of Gnus, so I hope Lars or
> someone else more knowledgeable can pick this up.
>
> Thanks

Thank you, Ted.  Lars?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-10-06 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> DA> error("No such function: %s" nnregistry-request-group)
> DA> gnus-request-group("nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com"
> DA> t)
> DA> gnus-check-group-server()
> DA> gnus-request-article-this-buffer(-2
> DA> "nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com")

[...]

> Now you're trying to enter it and nnregistry is somehow supposed to hold
> that group.  I'm honestly not sure how to fix this or how it happened.
> I really don't know the group and summary structures of Gnus, so I hope
> Lars or someone else more knowledgeable can pick this up.

I don't quite understand.  How come that call to `gnus-request-group'
turns into an nnregistry call?

* Re: No such function: nnregistry-request-group
@ 2011-10-06 22:27         ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-10-06 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

on Thu Oct 06 2011, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi-AT-gnus.org> wrote:

> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> DA> error("No such function: %s" nnregistry-request-group)
>> DA> gnus-request-group("nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com"
>> DA> t)
>> DA> gnus-check-group-server()
>> DA> gnus-request-article-this-buffer(-2
>> DA> "nndoc+4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com-ephemeral:4E821BF6.3070409@boostpro.com")
>
> [...]
>
>> Now you're trying to enter it and nnregistry is somehow supposed to hold
>> that group.  I'm honestly not sure how to fix this or how it happened.
>> I really don't know the group and summary structures of Gnus, so I hope
>> Lars or someone else more knowledgeable can pick this up.
>
> I don't quite understand.  How come that call to `gnus-request-group'
> turns into an nnregistry call?

Are you askin' me?  I don't understand the internals of this part of
gnus at all.  Maybe someone else does...

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing