Ted Zlatanov writes: Okay i will search and send it across. > On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 15:50:48 +0530 Deepak Tripathi > wrote: > > DT> Yes i am interested, I have seen some of the icons but most of > them are > DT> copyrighted, if you have some free one you can choose those one. > > Look at the Silk icon set and pick some. It's pretty good. I'll do > the > rest :) > > DT> Also we can keep something like > DT> ,---- > DT> | (setq gnus-registry-marks > DT> | '((Important > DT> | :char ?✉ > DT> | :image "summary_important") > DT> `---- > DT> So if the people are on console with utf-8 enabled they can get > nice > DT> mail unicode icon. > > The problem is that if you don't have UTF-8 enabled it's broken (and > there are many other console encodings, so we need general Unicode > capability *and* font support for those characters). So for now it > has > to be customized by the user. Is there a way in GNU Emacs and XEmacs > to > find out if it's safe to output a specific Unicode character on the > console? I would assume not, since you can switch the terminal > encoding > and the font at any time in gnome-terminal at least. > > Maybe we could add a :unicode-char property and let the user enable > Unicode output as a global option. I don't think it's worthwhile but > if > people want it I'll add it. No, no need to add this, anyway people can use unicode char if they want. > > Specifically for the Important mark, why use the ENVELOPE character? > For general consumption would use something like the *EXCLAMATION* > characters (FULLWIDTH EXCLAMATION MARK maybe), but essentially it's a > matter of taste. As I showed in my setup, I use Greek letters because > I > think they look nice in that context, but most people probably won't. > > The Silk icon set, OTOH, is pretty popular on the web so using it > makes > sense, and it already has some of the image lexicon we're looking for. > It was just an example. will send you appropriate one. > Thanks > Ted -- ,---- | Life's Too Short, Write Fast Code, Use emacs :) | Deepak Tripathi(gnumonk) | irc: irc.debian.org | nick: deepak, gnumonk | irc: irc.freenode.com | nick: gnumonk | web: http://www.gnumonk.com `----