On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:30:25 +0100 Michael Albinus wrote: MA> Ted Zlatanov writes: >> I put a full example for the :create option in the docs, see the >> attached source below. It's not implemented, just the docs are done. >> What do you think? I like it better, it's clear what it does and how it >> does it. Also I made creation include only the keys in :create, not any >> search key. MA> Let's do it this way. OK, working version attached. As we discussed, it does not have a :rewrite-existing or :create-extra-keys option. I added two working examples to the docs to demonstrate `auth-source-creation-defaults' and the two :create modes. They should be sufficient to show the usage. I made deletion happen with a :delete t parameter and implemented it (by commenting out the line) for the netrc backend. `auth-source-delete' just calls `auth-source-search' with :delete overridden to t. The deleted entry is returned. I think all of that is reasonable. I hope this is the last API iteration. Sorry for the long discussion; I wanted to make sure we'd have something usable for everyone. If we settle on this, I'll add the search result caching and start on the Secrets API implementation. Then I'll do the manual update... I considered making a Git branch for this work but was too lazy. Sorry for the constant inconvenience of looking at attachments. Ted