Hi, Ted Zlatanov writes: > On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 18:27:25 +0200 ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) wrote: > > LC> Hi! > LC> Ted Zlatanov writes: > > LMI> And nnregistry should be documented in gnus.texi. >>> > TZ> Ludovic? > > LC> Yes, sure. > > Can you write some documentation for the manual? Yes, really. :-) See the attached patch. What do you think? >>> Probably it should be in the gnus-registry section of the manual (with a >>> minimal link elsewhere), explaining that it has to be loaded *after* >>> gnus-registry.el but *before* gnus-registry-initialize is called. > > LC> Hmm, why before ‘gnus-registry-initialize’ is called? > > Because `gnus-refer-article-method' should not contain 'nnregistry > automatically. So ‘gnus-registry-initialize’ needs to check for the > 'nnregistry feature. I had that check in > `gnus-registry-install-nnregistry' but moved it one level higher so > users can call it directly if they want. See the revised docs I just pushed. Hmm, I’m not convinced by ‘gnus-registry-install-nnregistry’ because: 1. it does things under the hood; 2. it /appends/ ‘nnregistry’ to ‘gnus-refer-article-method’, whereas it’s likely to perform better if it appears right after ‘current’. What do you think? Thanks, Ludo’.