* How to access current email when using imap and gnus?
@ 2004-08-16 16:03 Henry Greenside
From: Henry Greenside @ 2004-08-16 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

This must be a FAQ but I can't figure out the answer from the GNUS manual or by
searching the web via google: how does one access and read current email using
gnus and imap?

I recently had to switch from pop to imap at my institute and added the
following lines to my .gnus file (this is on a Fedora Core 2 Linux system, using
emacs
21.3.1 and gnus 5.9.0):

    (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
        (nnfolder "")
        (nnimap ""
	  (nnimap-address "mail.phy.duke.edu")
	  (nnimap-stream ssl)
	  (nnimap-server-port 993)
	  (nnimap-list-pattern ("~/Mail/*"))
         )
        )
      )

When I start up gnus, imap asks for my password and I get the usual gnus list of
groups but I don't see any group corresponding to my current mailbox. When I
type U" followed by tab to look at available groups, I don't see anything that
corresponds to my current mail that I could subscribe to (mbox, INBOX,
nnimapxxx, etc.). So how do I access my current email?

   Thanks,

   Henry

* Re: How to access current email when using imap and gnus?
@ 2004-08-18 14:21 ` Andrew A. Raines
From: Andrew A. Raines @ 2004-08-18 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henry Greenside <hsg@phy.duke.edu> writes:

[...]

> When I start up gnus, imap asks for my password and I get the usual
> gnus list of groups but I don't see any group corresponding to my
> current mailbox.

Aren't you forgetting this?  (Bound to ^.)

,----[ C-h f gnus-group-enter-server-mode RET ]

`----

--
    aaraines@pobox.com (Andrew A. Raines)