On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes: > >> I suggest splitting this up into two variables. >> >> 1) gnus-auto-select-subject, which says what subject line point >> should be placed on >> 2) gnus-auto-select-article, which says whether the article should >> be selected > > I've now done this, but I kept `gnus-auto-select-first' as the name of > the latter variable to keep some easy semblance of > backwards-compatibility. And I've added `unseen' as a value to the > former variable. Funky. Thank you for that. The attached patch implements an additional option for 'gnus-auto-select-subject', 'unseen-or-unread'. As the name suggests, this selects the first unseen article, but, if no unseen articles exist, the first unread article. It's probably not the cleanest way of implementing this but it works. :) Daniel