* Moving..
@ 1996-03-16 12:26 Andrew Eskilsson
From: Andrew Eskilsson @ 1996-03-16 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok now I have finally got a networked machine by myself, so what I
would do would be to move my newsreading/mailreading from the first
platform to the new machine.

Sounds easy? Well for starters I just move over all the files that are
involved, but now comes the tricky part, I don't want my mail to be
sent to my new machine, so I am thinking of 'poppin' it off the old
systems mailserver, and keep my nnml boxes, is there any hint how to
do this?

	/andy

--
 Don't walk in front of me, I might be unable to follow you.
 Don't walk after me, I might be unable to lead you.

* Re: Moving..
@ 1996-03-16 13:40 ` Per Persson
From: Per Persson @ 1996-03-16 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Andrew Eskilsson <mpt95aes@pt.hk-r.se> wrote:

   Sounds easy? Well for starters I just move over all the files that
   are involved, but now comes the tricky part, I don't want my mail
   to be sent to my new machine, so I am thinking of 'poppin' it off
   the old systems mailserver, and keep my nnml boxes, is there any
   hint how to do this?

What about using ange-ftp to retrieve your mailboxen? I've played
around with this and almost got it to work fast enough for me.

--
Bahnhof; http://www.bahnhof.se/   <pp@bahnhof.se>      a   difference   of
  (work) phone(voice/fax):        +46 18 100899/103737 opinion is possible

* Re: Moving
@ 1998-12-07 13:04     ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1998-12-07 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:

> > I don't suppose gimp counts as a web design tool, but it's good at
> > making font gif things.
>
> Or you could use the Roxen webserver and generate all headers on the
> fly instead... :)

No, fly uses Apache.  :-)

(http://fly.cc.fer.hr/)

* Re: Moving
@ 1998-12-07 13:02   ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1998-12-07 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

paul stevenson <paul@the003.phy.ornl.gov> writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
> > (But my method of designing things surely can't be how people really
> > do it.  When I want a particular font gif thing, I use LaTeX and then
> > cut'n'paste from xdvi.  Do real web designers have, like, real web
> > designing tools?  Are there any for Linux?)
>
> I don't suppose gimp counts as a web design tool, but it's good at
> making font gif things.

Or you could use the Roxen webserver and generate all headers on the
fly instead... :)

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Fundamentally, there may be no basis for anything.

* Re: Moving
@ 1998-12-06 20:47 ` paul stevenson
From: paul stevenson @ 1998-12-06 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> (But my method of designing things surely can't be how people really
> do it.  When I want a particular font gif thing, I use LaTeX and then
> cut'n'paste from xdvi.  Do real web designers have, like, real web
> designing tools?  Are there any for Linux?)

I don't suppose gimp counts as a web design tool, but it's good at
making font gif things.

* Moving
@ 1998-12-06 19:30 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-12-06 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, I know I've said I was going to move all the stuff from
ifi.uio.no to somewhere else before, but this time I really mean it!
For sure!  Any day now!

So this is just to let you know that as soon as I can get the new
machine set up, I'm going to make quimby.gnus.org the new primary "me!
me! me!" machine.  (It doesn't even have an A record yet, so it
doesn't exist yet.)  (What prompted doing this right now was the 0.64
release with the empty patch.  I'm kinda tired of worrying about full
disks over at ifi.)

The web site at ifi.uio.no/~larsi is still going to exist for several
months, but I'll add headers and/or footers to all the pages directing
people to go to Quimby instead.

I've even designed the new web site!  Whee!  Cascading style sheets!
Whee!

(But my method of designing things surely can't be how people really
do it.  When I want a particular font gif thing, I use LaTeX and then
cut'n'paste from xdvi.  Do real web designers have, like, real web
designing tools?  Are there any for Linux?)

At first, Quimby will just take over as the primary distribution site,
as well as being the ftp site; kinda like ifi.uio.no is now.
www.gnus.org will remain where it is now; in the US.  (Quimby is in
Oslo.)  And I don't want to take over the mailing list; I think Jason
does an excellent job there.  But after a while, I'll start doing that
funky remote CVS thing from Quimby, as well as providing NNTP news
groups like ding.patches and ding.announce.  And, er, whatever else
that would be useful to have.  XEmacs beta mirror?  Emacs pretest
mirror?

Mm.