From: asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren)
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: where did my gmane.emacs.gnus.general post go?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 06:27:14 +0100	[thread overview]

myglc2 writes:

> I am confused because this post to gmane.emacs.gnus.general ...
>
>> From: myglc2 <myglc2@gmail.com>
>> Subject: display 'G G' query string associated with each 'nnir'
>> Summary buffer
>> Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.gnus.general
>> Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 12:15:23 -0500 (1 week, 3 days, 7 hours ago)
>
> (cc from my local 11:*nnfolder+archive:sent.2016-01)
>
> ... must have made it to ding@gnus.org, since it shows up at ...
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/86531
>
> However, when I do 'G G' on 'gmane.emacs.gnus.general' I can't find
> it. Nor can I find it this way ...
>
> http://search.gmane.org/?query=myglc2&group=gmane.emacs.gnus.general

If you search for "myglc2" in "Written by", it is found:

 · http://search.gmane.org/?query=&author=myglc2&group=gmane.emacs.gnus.general&sort=date&DEFAULTOP=and&xP=Zmyglc2%09Znnir&xFILTERS=Gemacs.gnus.general---A

So I guess the problem is that "myglc2" doesn't match on anything but
the From: field on that article, and From: seems not to be included in
freetext search.

If you do a freetext search on some of the words that do appear in the
body of the article:

 · http://search.gmane.org/?query=I+forget+what+the+queries+were&author=&group=gmane.emacs.gnus.general&sort=date&DEFAULTOP=and&xFILTERS=Gemacs.gnus.general-Amyglc2---A

the article is also found.

  Just a wild guess,

    Adam

--
 "Ride the tail of rhyme                                      Adam Sjøgren
  Break the legs of time                                 asjo@koldfront.dk