Adam Sjøgren [2015-11-28 11:11:17+01] wrote: > Teemu writes: >> Could this be GnuPG agent issue? GnuPG 2 uses agent automatically, >> even depens on it, whereas GnuPG 1 needs "--use-agent" option or >> "use-agent" line in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf file. > > It might be, but I have never (consciously) used gpg-agent with GnuPG > 1. (Maybe Gnome started it behind my back, before I dropped Gnome, > though.) I think that more or less everyone should have "use-agent" line in their ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf file because then gpg-agent daemon is started automatically by /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90gpg-agent script, at least in Debian GNU/Linux systems. GnuPG 2 (gpg2) always uses the agent for key management but if gpg-agent daemon is not running it is launched temporarily. > I think I will use the opportunity to migrate to GnuPG 2 - the only > think I am missing is that building .deb packages with debuild doesn't > work, it gives up on signing the packages right away, instead of > trying to sign them. I'll have to do some searching to find out how to > fix that... I'd guess that that this is a gpg-agent issue too.