* I don't receive ding mails anymore
@ 2012-08-21  7:12 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-08-21  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

some weeks ago I've unsubscribed from ding with my old email address and
subscribed again using the address above.  Since then, I don't receive
any ding mails anymore (but I can post by sending email to the list
address).

I tried sending another subscription request mail but then I don't get a
response anymore, probably because I'm already subscribed.

Does anyone have access to the mailing list configuration and can check
if something's wrong?  Maybe I'm subscribed with "no mail delivery"
option set or so...

Just to exclude an error on my side: the address above is actually
redirected to some other address using procmail.  My ~/.procmailrc on
the GNU server just has this single entry:

:0
* .*
! other@email.address

That should redirect everything to the other address, right?  (At least
it seems to work just fine for all other mails I receive via that
address.)

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: I don't receive ding mails anymore
@ 2012-08-21  9:30 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2012-08-21  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: ding

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> Just to exclude an error on my side: the address above is actually
> redirected to some other address using procmail.  My ~/.procmailrc on
> the GNU server just has this single entry:
>
> :0
> * .*
> ! other@email.address
>
> That should redirect everything to the other address, right?  (At least
> it seems to work just fine for all other mails I receive via that
> address.)

Have you tried leaving out the conditional match?

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: I don't receive ding mails anymore
@ 2012-08-21 10:11   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-08-21 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: ding

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

Hi Andreas,

>> :0
>> * .*
>> ! other@email.address
>>
>> That should redirect everything to the other address, right?  (At least
>> it seems to work just fine for all other mails I receive via that
>> address.)
>
> Have you tried leaving out the conditional match?

You mean, just this?

:0
! other@email.address

No, I didn't try it, but I'll do so now and report back.

@ 2012-08-21 10:15     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-08-21 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: ding

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

>> Have you tried leaving out the conditional match?
>
> You mean, just this?
>
> :0
> ! other@email.address
>
> No, I didn't try it, but I'll do so now and report back.

Ok, tried it and it seems to work fine when testing with a mail from my
university address to my GNU address.  Now let's see if I receive this
message also from the ding list...

@ 2012-08-21 10:52       ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-08-21 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: ding

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

>> You mean, just this?
>>
>> :0
>> ! other@email.address
>>
>> No, I didn't try it, but I'll do so now and report back.
>
> Ok, tried it and it seems to work fine when testing with a mail from
> my university address to my GNU address.  Now let's see if I receive
> this message also from the ding list...

Nope, I don't receive it from the ding list.  So it's most likely not an
issue with my overly simple procmail setup but rather an issue with ding
itself.

I successfully receive mailinglist mails to my gnu address from a bunch
of mailinglists including emacs-devel, gnu-prog, gnu-prog-discuss,
several google groups based lists, some lists hosted at librelist, etc.
It would have been strange if procmail does the right thing for all of
those except ding, anyway...

@ 2012-08-21 11:53 ` Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 2012-08-21 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: ding

TH> Hi all, some weeks ago I've unsubscribed from ding with my old email
TH> address and subscribed again using the address above.

Well, that address isn't subscribed to the mailing list, nor has it ever
been subscribed.  As far back as my logs go I see no subscription
request for that address.

So, if you want to receive mail, I suggest subscribing.  If you're
having trouble subscribing, contact me directly and don't bother the
rest of the list members.

 - J<

* Re: I don't receive ding mails anymore
@ 2012-08-21 12:58   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-08-21 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

"Jason L Tibbitts III" <tibbs@math.uh.edu> writes:

Hi Jason,

> TH> Hi all, some weeks ago I've unsubscribed from ding with my old
> TH> email address and subscribed again using the address above.
>
> Well, that address isn't subscribed to the mailing list, nor has it
> ever been subscribed.  As far back as my logs go I see no subscription
> request for that address.

Indeed, now the issue is solved.  My error was that I've sent
subscription requests to ding-request@gnus.org with subject "subscribe",
but the "subscribe" has to be in the body of the mail.

Maybe that should be clarified on http://www.gnus.org/resources.html
which doesn't say anything concerning that.

Bye,
Tassilo