* gnus newbie question: why do read articles disappear from summary?
@ 2011-11-08  7:50 Brendan Miller
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Brendan Miller @ 2011-11-08  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

After reading an article in summary it gets marked with 'R'. If I leave
the summary buffer for my group with q and log back in, that article
disappears. Why is this? Also, is there a way to prevent this behavior?

Also, I've noticed there is a way to mark an article read using d, but
it makes it with a lower case 'r' flag. What's the difference between
this lower case 'r' flag and the upper case 'R' flag?
Thanks,
Brendan Miller