* gnus-registry-fetch-groups doesn't exist
@ 2011-08-05  4:06 Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2011-08-05  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

When calling nnmairix-goto-original-article in a mairix group, that in
turn eventually calls nnmairix-determine-original-group-from-registry,
which in turn calls gnus-registry-fetch-groups, which doesn't exist.
It's autoloaded from gnus-registry at the top of nnmairix.el, but
gnus-registry.el doesn't define it.

Can this be resurrected somehow, or can something else be done to allow
finding of the original article?

Thanks!
Eric

* Re: gnus-registry-fetch-groups doesn't exist
@ 2011-08-05  4:17 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2011-08-05  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, Aug 04 2011, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> When calling nnmairix-goto-original-article in a mairix group, that in
> turn eventually calls nnmairix-determine-original-group-from-registry,
> which in turn calls gnus-registry-fetch-groups, which doesn't exist.
> It's autoloaded from gnus-registry at the top of nnmairix.el, but
> gnus-registry.el doesn't define it.
>
> Can this be resurrected somehow, or can something else be done to allow
> finding of the original article?
>
> Thanks!
> Eric

Using my newfound git powers, I see the function was deleted in commit
6ebc5. I still don't know if resurrecting it is the right thing to do,
but there it is!

* Re: gnus-registry-fetch-groups doesn't exist
@ 2011-08-18  0:32 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-08-18  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: ding, David Engster

> When calling nnmairix-goto-original-article in a mairix group, that in
> turn eventually calls nnmairix-determine-original-group-from-registry,
> which in turn calls gnus-registry-fetch-groups, which doesn't exist.
> It's autoloaded from gnus-registry at the top of nnmairix.el, but
> gnus-registry.el doesn't define it.

Sounds like a bug.  David?  :-)

* Re: gnus-registry-fetch-groups doesn't exist
@ 2011-08-18 17:50   ` David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2011-08-18 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: Eric Abrahamsen

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:

>> When calling nnmairix-goto-original-article in a mairix group, that in
>> turn eventually calls nnmairix-determine-original-group-from-registry,
>> which in turn calls gnus-registry-fetch-groups, which doesn't exist.
>> It's autoloaded from gnus-registry at the top of nnmairix.el, but
>> gnus-registry.el doesn't define it.
>
> Sounds like a bug.  David?  :-)

Indeed. That function disappeared with Ted's major rewrite of the Gnus
registry. I just pushed a fix.

-David

* Re: gnus-registry-fetch-groups doesn't exist
@ 2011-09-29  9:08     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-09-29  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 19:50:04 +0200 David Engster <deng@randomsample.de> wrote:

DE> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:
>> Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> writes:
>>
>>> When calling nnmairix-goto-original-article in a mairix group, that in
>>> turn eventually calls nnmairix-determine-original-group-from-registry,
>>> which in turn calls gnus-registry-fetch-groups, which doesn't exist.
>>> It's autoloaded from gnus-registry at the top of nnmairix.el, but
>>> gnus-registry.el doesn't define it.
>>
>> Sounds like a bug.  David?  :-)

DE> Indeed. That function disappeared with Ted's major rewrite of the Gnus
DE> registry. I just pushed a fix.

Sorry, I missed that when I removed it.

Ted