* Why render normal text with fontification whenever possible?
@ 2011-03-31 19:39 Stephen Berman
From: Stephen Berman @ 2011-03-31 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Since this change:

2011-03-21  Julien Danjou  <julien@danjou.info>

	* mm-view.el (mm-display-inline-fontify): Make mode optional, and call
	normal-mode if not set. Set temp buffer unmodified to avoid kill-buffer
	query.
	(mm-inline-text): Render normal text with fontification whenever
	possible.

plain text in MIME parts between quotation marks is shown in
font-lock-string-face.  I couldn't find any discussion about this on the
list, so I don't know what the motivation for it is, but I don't like
it.  Is it possible to suppress just this fontification?  If not, I
would like to request that it be made configurable.  Thanks,

Steve Berman

* Re: Why render normal text with fontification whenever possible?
@ 2011-04-01  8:12 ` Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2011-04-01  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Berman; +Cc: ding

On Thu, Mar 31 2011, Stephen Berman wrote:

> Since this change:
>
> 2011-03-21  Julien Danjou  <julien@danjou.info>
>
> 	* mm-view.el (mm-display-inline-fontify): Make mode optional, and call
> 	normal-mode if not set. Set temp buffer unmodified to avoid kill-buffer
> 	query.
> 	(mm-inline-text): Render normal text with fontification whenever
> 	possible.
>
> plain text in MIME parts between quotation marks is shown in
> font-lock-string-face.  I couldn't find any discussion about this on the
> list, so I don't know what the motivation for it is, but I don't like
> it.  Is it possible to suppress just this fontification?  If not, I
> would like to request that it be made configurable.  Thanks,

I just noticed that too. This is a side effect of that new feature, it
fontifies with fundamental mode. What a weird idea. :)
I've blacklisted this mode for fontification, since it has no interest.

--
Julien Danjou
❱ http://julien.danjou.info

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: Why render normal text with fontification whenever possible?
@ 2011-04-01 19:47   ` Stephen Berman
From: Stephen Berman @ 2011-04-01 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:12:59 +0200 Julien Danjou <julien@danjou.info> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31 2011, Stephen Berman wrote:
>
>> Since this change:
>>
>> 2011-03-21  Julien Danjou  <julien@danjou.info>
>>
>> 	* mm-view.el (mm-display-inline-fontify): Make mode optional, and call
>> 	normal-mode if not set. Set temp buffer unmodified to avoid kill-buffer
>> 	query.
>> 	(mm-inline-text): Render normal text with fontification whenever
>> 	possible.
>>
>> plain text in MIME parts between quotation marks is shown in
>> font-lock-string-face.  I couldn't find any discussion about this on the
>> list, so I don't know what the motivation for it is, but I don't like
>> it.  Is it possible to suppress just this fontification?  If not, I
>> would like to request that it be made configurable.  Thanks,
>
> I just noticed that too. This is a side effect of that new feature, it
> fontifies with fundamental mode. What a weird idea. :)
> I've blacklisted this mode for fontification, since it has no interest.

Thanks!

Steve Berman