From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: window configuration confusions
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 18:08:11 +0800	[thread overview]

I've succeeded in getting a window configuration with the summary buffer
across the top half of the window, and the group and article buffers
sharing the bottom half. What I'd like is if all replies and fowards
(and all their many permutations) occupied the same lower-right pane
that the original articles did. My article configuration looks like
this:

(gnus-add-configuration
 '(article
   (vertical 1.0
	       (horizontal 0.3 (summary 1.0 point))
	       (horizontal 1.0
			 (group 0.35)
			 (article 1.0)))))

So if I want "reply", for instance, I replace "article" with "reply",
but then what do I put down there at the bottom where it currently says
(article 1.0)? If I leave it as "article", the window flickers when I
hit "r", and then… Nothing. If I change it to "reply", everything works
as expected, but I get a warning: "gnus-configure-frame: Invalid buffer
type: reply". If I change it to "message" (on a lark), I get a reply
buffer, but point remains in the summary buffer.

I just realized that one of these experiments also put an empty draft in
my drafts group, possibly the first (leaving it as "article")?

What should be there?

Thanks!

Eric