* git repository?
@ 2008-09-09 20:29 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2008-09-09 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

  Hi.

Has anyone created a git clone of the Gnus cvs repository? (I tried with
git-cvs, but failed miserably.)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Mr. Cotton's... parrot. Same question."                     Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Git repository?
@ 2010-06-06  8:32     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2010-06-06  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Harry> git clone http://git.gnus.org/gnus.git

> Heh.   git... git... gnus... gnus ... git

apple horse apple happy apple apple

* Re: Git repository?
@ 2010-06-05  2:25   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-06-05  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: ding

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:14:04 +0200 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:33:16 -0400, Dave wrote:
>> would someone please give me the server contact info I'll need?

AS> There are instructions here: http://git.gnus.org/

I haven't heard back from Lars, who controls gnus.org, so I can't make
the necessary changes to gnus.org to point people to git.gnus.org.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ted

* Re: Git repository?
@ 2010-06-03 21:31   ` Dave Goldberg
From: Dave Goldberg @ 2010-06-03 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Sorry my first message got away before including the git command:

>    git clone http://git.gnus.org/gnus.git

> You will need a recent version of git installed of course.

> cd to directory of your choice... the command above will create the
> directory ./gnus  and
> ./gnus/.git/   to initallize a git repo, then download the sources
> like before with cvs.

Thanks, that worked like a champ.

--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net

* Re: Git repository?
@ 2010-06-03 21:09     ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-06-03 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

    Heh.   git... git... gnus... gnus ... git

    Sorry, just thought that was amusing.

Nah, it is amusing, good eye.

* Re: Git repository?
@ 2010-06-03 20:09   ` Randal L. Schwartz
From: Randal L. Schwartz @ 2010-06-03 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Putnam; +Cc: ding

@ 2010-06-03 18:21 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2010-06-03 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

@ 2010-06-03 18:14 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2010-06-03 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Dave Goldberg <david.goldberg6@verizon.net> writes:

> Due to a lot of work travel the past year, it's been a long while
> since I've brought my installation up to date.  I did see the traffic
> about moving from CVS to git but no longer have those messages.  I'll
> have to learn to use git to pull down the latest, but before I can
> even do that, would someone please give me the server contact info
> I'll need?
>
> Thanks,

This search string  on google turns up some clues:

get latest gnus from git repo

* Re: Git repository?
@ 2010-06-03 18:14 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2010-06-03 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:33:16 -0400, Dave wrote:

> would someone please give me the server contact info I'll need?

There are instructions here: http://git.gnus.org/

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Emacs is like a laser guided missile. It only has to        Adam Sjøgren
  be slight mis-configured to ruin your whole day."      asjo@koldfront.dk

* Git repository?
@ 2010-06-03 17:33 Dave Goldberg
                   ` (2 more replies)