Katsumi Yamaoka writes: Hi Katsumi, > Thank you for contributing a good feature. I tried it today and > realized it is really useful. Thanks for the compliments! > Though I have no plan for the moment, people might want a browser > function for many sticky articles. :) Currently I use `ibuffer' and `s m' which sorts buffers by mode. But it might be useful to switch between sticky article buffers with something like `switch-to-buffer' which tab-completes only sticky articles. Or do you have another suggestion? Anyway, I applied your patch and tested it. > Please let me write about a few problems in `gnus-sticky-article'. > > 1. (gnus-configure-windows 'article) makes an empty article > buffer and leads creating of an empty sticky article if there > is no article buffer initially, but is not necessary because > `gnus-summary-select-article' runs it by way of > `gnus-summary-display-article' and `gnus-article-prepare' > after preparing an article. Seems to work now. > 2. It seems to be useless that this command always makes a new > sticky article buffer. I mean, performing of the `A S' > command repeatedly on an article creates "*Sticky Article*", > "*Sticky Article*<2>", "*Sticky Article*<3>"... Yes, that's indeed useless. With your patch it's fixed. > 3. The value of the `gnus-article-buffer' variable in the summary > buffer is not updated when I select another (normal) article. > Because of this, a non-ASCII article or a QP-encoded article > is not decoded when I type `P' or `N' in the summary buffer. Seems to be fixed, too. > 4. I wish you to leave the value of the `indent-tabs-mode' > variable the default if there is no good reason. Now some > lines are indented with tabs but others aren't. Oh, sorry. I've put file local variables into the files I modified, but maybe I inserted the spaces before I did that. Is there a mechanism to set variables based on the directory a file resides? If not I'll do something home-brewed and hook it into find-file-hook. > I tried improving these problems. Thanks. As far as I can see all problems are fixed. Here's a patch that incorporates all your changes plus a changelog entry.