Miles Bader writes: > michael@cadilhac.name (Michaėl Cadilhac) writes: >> There's a little thing that annoys me from time to time : I have >> (quite) long group names, and when the « How many articles » question >> is asked, the name is truncated to 35 chars, and I don't see the >> entire group name. > > Why is it necessary to truncate it at all? Emacs from version 21 on > will grow the minibuffer as necessary to show the whole prompt. Right! And why not delete `gnus-limit-string' after that? `truncate-s-t-width' seems to be in (X)Emacs for quite a long time.