* GPG signature verification
@ 2001-05-24 15:22 Roland Mas
From: Roland Mas @ 2001-05-24 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

If memory serves, once upon a time, the [[PGP signed part:OK]] (or
FAILED) was buttonized and that details were shown on click.

  It seems that this is not the case anymore (up-to-date Oort Gnus
from Manoj's Debian packages).  I respectfully deplore that situation,
on the following grounds:

- the information displayed in the info zone is ephemeral at best:
  when I'd like to check it out later, I either have to `g' the
  message again or read the *Messages* buffer;

- the information sometimes just doesn't fit: people with long user
  id's cause the displayed info to go past the end of the zone, so
  that I can't read the end of it; displaying the message under the
  button would allow wrapping;

- some email/news messages contain several signed parts, and there's
  no simple way to get the verification info on the first signature
  checked (well, there is the *Messages* buffer, but...);

  Is there a rationale for removing the previous behaviour?  Is it
some configuration option I overlooked?

Roland.
--
Roland Mas