* Suboptimal use of ~/.authinfo
@ 2001-03-02  9:38 Hannu Koivisto
From: Hannu Koivisto @ 2001-03-02  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,

WIBNI Gnus tried to complete machine names given to, for example,
gnus-group-browse-foreign-server with the domain part of host's
name when searching for the machine in ~/.authinfo?  It's somewhat
tedious to say 'B nnimap<RET> foo.looooong-domain.com<RET>' just
because the machine name in the ~/.authinfo file includes the
domain part.

--
Hannu
Please don't send copies of list mail

* Re: Suboptimal use of ~/.authinfo
@ 2001-03-02 11:47 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-03-02 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you use the machine more often, why don't you make an entry in the
server buffer and then just do `RET' in the server buffer?

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.

* Re: Suboptimal use of ~/.authinfo
@ 2001-03-02 14:55   ` Hannu Koivisto
From: Hannu Koivisto @ 2001-03-02 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

| If you use the machine more often, why don't you make an entry in the
| server buffer and then just do `RET' in the server buffer?

Good point, for some reason I didn't realize to try it (there
already is an entry, I just didn't realize to use the server buffer
to begin with).

Thanks,