* Strangeness with nnml message archive group
@ 2001-02-14  6:00 Samuel Padgett
From: Samuel Padgett @ 2001-02-14  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I used to set my Gcc header in outgoing messages with the klugey

(setq message-default-headers "Gcc: nnml:mail.sent\n")

Recently, however, I decided to switch to using the Gnus manual
recommended method of setting `gnus-message-archive-group':

(setq gnus-message-archive-group
      '((concat "mail.sent." (downcase (format-time-string "%b-%Y")))))
(setq gnus-message-archive-method '(nnml ""))

I then renamed my `mail.sent' group to `mail.sent.feb-2001' by issuing
a `G r' command from the *Group* buffer.

Since then, I've seen some very strange behavior.  At first--after
refreshing the *Group* buffer--all the messages in
`mail.sent.feb-2001' were marked as unread.  I entered the group,
manually marked the messages as read, then exited.  After again
pressing `g', I again lost all of my marks for this group.  Issuing an
`nnml-generate-nov-databases' command seemed to fix this problem.

Still, other problems remain.  When I compose new messages, the sent
message doesn't get put in the sent messages group immediately.
Sometime, maybe an hour later, the message appears in the group.  At
this time, two or three of the most-recently sent messages from the
sent mail group lose their marks.  If I manually mark them as read
again, the most recent messages again periodically lose their marks
after refreshing the *Group* buffer.

I do have `gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read' set to t in my .gnus file.

So, my questions are

* What could I have done to hose this group?
* What can I do to correct the problem?

I am running oGnus v0.01.

Thanks!

Sam
--
It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                                                        -- Mark Twain

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-02-14  6:00 UTC | newest]