From: "Steven E. Harris" <steven.harris@tenzing.com>
Subject: nnimap RFC2342 support (IMAP4 Namespace)
Date: 31 Jan 2001 13:33:29 -0800	[thread overview]

When I've had to move folders around on different IMAP servers, I've
run into problems with nnimap's treatment of folder
names. Specifically, nnimap requires the user to specify the folder
name *as it's implemented* on the IMAP server, rather than as a more
abstract path. As an example, where I once had

  nnimap+speakeasy:mailing-lists/gnus-ding

my ISP changed servers and I had to manually move that to

  nnimap+speakeasy:INBOX.mailing-lists.gnus-ding

while MS Outlook just figured out the change without trouble. (Sorry
to hold Outlook up in a positive light.)

Today I stumbled upon RFC2342¹ - IMAP4 Namespace - that looks like it
addresses this exact problem. Has anyone taken a look at this to see
how hard it would be to add support to nnimap?

Footnotes:
¹ http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2342.txt

--
Steven E. Harris        :: steven.harris@tenzing.com