* Tracking down a gnus-summary-move-article problem.
@ 1999-11-19  8:10 Rob Browning
       [not found] ` <81sdup$o82$1@quimby.gnus.org>
From: Rob Browning @ 1999-11-19  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've reported this to gnus-bug, but I wanted to see if anyone else
here had see this or had suggestions for things I could try to track
this down.

I had a problem a while back with gnus-summary-move-article.  It would
fail when called on an article just after a followup.  After poking
around in the source, I realized it was a configuration problem on my
end (message-directory was set wrong given my other variables).  I
fixed that, and then gnus-summary-move-article would get a little
further before failing in a much more serious manner.

I can't give a backtrace for the error because for some reason the
failure both doesn't give a backtrace, and disables debug-on-error,
but here's the relevant bit of the message buffer.

  Opening nnml server on rlb...
  Moving to nnml+rlb:gnucash: (35369)...
  Wrote /home/rlb/.gnus/mail/incoming/gnucash/3467
  Opening nnml server on rlb+nnml+rlb:gnucash...
  No such group: gnucash
  nnml+rlb:gnucash error: No such group: gnucash

After this, if I quit gnus and restart, all of the nnml+rlb groups in
the group buffer will have a "*" for their message counts, and I can't
enter any of them:

  Signaling: (error "Couldn't request group nnml+rlb:guile: No such group: guile")
    signal(error ("Couldn't request group nnml+rlb:guile: No such group: guile"))
    error("Couldn't request group %s: %s" "nnml+rlb:guile" "No such group: guile")
    gnus-select-newsgroup("nnml+rlb:guile" nil nil)
    gnus-summary-read-group-1("nnml+rlb:guile" nil t nil nil nil)
    gnus-summary-read-group("nnml+rlb:guile" nil t nil nil nil nil)
    gnus-group-read-group(nil t)
    gnus-group-select-group(nil)
    gnus-topic-select-group(nil)
    call-interactively(gnus-topic-select-group)

The problem can be fixed by rebuilding the nov databases, but will
occur again next time I trigger the error.

Thanks