* Display attached images via image mode
@ 2015-12-14 13:07 Göktuğ Kayaalp
From: Göktuğ Kayaalp @ 2015-12-14 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I’d like to use Emacs’ image-mode  to view images attached to my emails.
When I  hit RET on  an image, pops up  an imagemagick window.   I’ve set
mm-enable-external to nil,  and then it starting saving them  when I hit
RET.  The manual is really scarce about MIME.  How can I achieve this?

BTW when I hit E, the image is inserted into the buffer, and this is not
what I want.   I want the image to  get its proper buffer, as  I can use
image-mode to zoom in & out, etc.

Thanks,
-gk

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp.
http://gkayaalp.com/

* Re: Display attached images via image mode
@ 2015-12-15  2:53 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2015-12-15  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 15:07:46 +0200, Göktuğ Kayaalp <self@gkayaalp.com> wrote:
> I’d like to use Emacs’ image-mode  to view images attached to my emails.
> When I  hit RET on  an image, pops up  an imagemagick window.   I’ve set
> mm-enable-external to nil,  and then it starting saving them  when I hit
> RET.  The manual is really scarce about MIME.  How can I achieve this?

> BTW when I hit E, the image is inserted into the buffer, and this is not
> what I want.   I want the image to  get its proper buffer, as  I can use
> image-mode to zoom in & out, etc.

The most easy way would be to type `c' on the MIME tag, that looks
like [7. image/png; data.png], for an image to view.
Though the MIME tag for an image inlined in the article buffer is
hidden by default, you can toggle it by `M-t' in the summary buffer.

* Re: Display attached images via image mode
@ 2015-12-15 13:56   ` Göktuğ Kayaalp
From: Göktuğ Kayaalp @ 2015-12-15 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka; +Cc: ding

Thanks a lot!